Letter of Interest Due Sep 8, 2022 5pm
The Peninsula Health Care District serves the communities of San Bruno, Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, half of Foster City and a small southeast corner of South San Francisco. PHCD seeks partner organizations who share our commitment to health equity and are providing services or programs within our district boundaries that address one of the following areas:
· Healthy Aging - socialization and connectivity
· Mental Health - prevention services and programs
· Preventive Health – screenings and healthy living
Before you begin writing your Letter of Interest (LOI), please review the FAQs on our website as a few things have changed. LOIs will be written in narrative form this grant cycle. Please include the following information in a one-two page (12 pt font) word document and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
All LOI information pertains to the program sited in number 2.
1. Organization’s name
2. Program title
3. Priority Funding Area request will address
4. Program description and the associated activities (see EXAMPLE)
5. Requested amount
6. How funds will be used
7. Total budget
8. Will requested funds will launch, maintain or expand this program
9. Location program will take place
10. Demographics of community to be served
11. How program will address health disparities
12. Projected number of people to be served with this funding request
13. Percentage of the projected number resides in PHCD
14. Measurement tools used to track impact
15. Organization’s history with PHCD
16. Contact name, email and phone number
EXAMPLE - Program description activities:
* activities are the things you do (your services) to accomplish your larger goals around health and wellness improvements.
(Add your program’s name) will use three strategies to achieve improved youth mental health:
1. Grade level, group presentations about adolescent development including mental health challenges and healthy coping strategies;
2. School-based drop-in group counseling; and
3. Individual counseling to students in grades 6-8.
All strategies are school-based services and provided at five schools in San Mateo/Foster City School District. Grade-level presentations are provided by third-year Associates. Group counseling is led by a licensed LMFT who use evidence-based practices and is supported by three Associates. LMFT offer one-on-one counseling to youth who express the need for help on a feedback form distributed during the group presentations and group counseling sessions. PHCD funds will be used to maintain programing strategies 1-2 at all five schools and provide more individual counseling sessions by expanding hours of existing counselors.
Should you have any questions, please email Ann Evanilla-Wasson, Director of Community Engagement email@example.com