Our work with allcove™
Photography and Quote Wall
· What it is: A photography and quote wall features our youth. Including photos and quotes from our youth
· What emotion it communicates: Evokes a sense of connection by presenting stories and voices from the community
The wall features photos of our members from both our current (2022-2023) cohort and our previous (2021-2022) cohort. This wall will be a center piece at all allcoveTM center to showcase the work the YAG has done.
· What it is: This is a branded wall that invites community participation and features rotating interactive prompts.
· What it communicates: This wall conveys an invitation to participate in shared dialogue.
allcove™ San Mateo Furniture Project
Each allcove™ center is designed by their local youth advisory group. Recognizing that youth are experts in their own mental health needs. To ensure that youth voice is at the forefront of the development of our center they were heavily involved in the choosing of our furniture. The YAG was able to hand-pick every piece. During our final meetings, the YAG took a trip down to our vendors showroom where they were able to decide between the last pieces. Here are some photos from the trip.
Events and Panels
One of the responsibilities of our Youth Advisors is to participate in community education activities such as health fairs and community presentations. We make sure to provide them with opportunities to do so such as panels, health fairs, tabling events and more to uplift youth voice! Our YAG members are very involved in the community and love to participate in events such as these. Here are some examples of events the YAG participated in.
- Star-Vista’s Mental Health Matters Walk
- Sandhill Foundations’ Wellness Partnership Community Gathering
- San Mateo County’s Youth Summit